Based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
To be announced
|Please contact us for more info|
Dr. Game Surgeon Trouble is a fun way to train situational awareness and trouble shooting skills for surgical residents, surgeons and other operating room staff. Dr. Game was developed as part of Project Patient Safety in collaboration with AMC, TNO, DGG, Taskforce Innovatie Utrecht and powered by CbusineZ. Medical content created and validated by Academic Medical Center Amsterdam.
Dr. Game Surgeon trouble is the result of a Patient Safety Bootcamp organized by the Dutch Game Garden (DGG), the Amsterdam Medical center, (AMC), TNO and Taskforce Innovation Utrecht. During this bootcamp WeirdBeard developed a prototype of the game then called LapChol. Together with AMC and CbusineZ the prototype is turned into Dr. Game Surgeon Trouble.
- Train Situational Awareness
- Train troubleshooting Equipment Problems
- While having fun!
- Compete with your colleagues
- Track progress of your staff
Serious gaming in AMC YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Dutch hospital releases 2 games to train surgeons"
- game-accessibility, game-accessibility
- "New Mobile App ‘Serious Games’ Help Train Surgeons"
- healthysimulation, healthysimulation
- " How to Systematically Assess Serious Games Applied to Health Care."
- Maurits Graafland, Mary Dankbaar, Agali Mert, Joep Lagro, Laura De Wit-Zuurendonk, Stephanie Schuit, Alma Schaafstal, Marlies Schijven, NCBI
- "Game-based training improves the surgeon’s situational awareness in the operation room: a randomized controlled trial"
- Maurits Graafland, Willem A. Bemelman, and Marlies P. Schijven, NCBI
- "How Serious Games Will Improve Healthcare"
- Maurits Graafland, Marlies P schijven, Researchgate
- "AMC lanceert twee games voor chirurgen"
- Zorgvisie, Zorgvisie
- "Apps: Medialis en Dr. Game"
- Heleen Croonen, Medisch Contact
- "AMC zet gaming apps in om de zorg te verbeteren"
- Suzanne Martens, Zorg en ICT
- "AMC releases 2 games to train surgeons"
- Dutch Games Association, DGA
- "Dr. Game maakt chirurgen beter en sneller"
- RTL, RTL nieuws
- "Serious Games in Surgical Education"
- M. Graafland, e-pubs
- "Dokters, bemoei u met technologie:"
- Lucas Mevius, NTVG
- "De chirurg en applied games"
- M. Schijven, Homo Ludens Magazine
- "Artsen doen aan Serious gaming"
- Harro, NOS
- "Serious Gaming - Bootcamp Patiëntveiligheid"
- DyzloFilm's channel, Youtube
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Scientific publications on Dr Game
Download the article "Game-based training improves the surgeon’s situational awareness in the operation room: a randomized controlled trial" drga.me.
Hi, we're WeirdBeard Games – an independent game studio based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Our games are a healthy mix of good, clean fun and our own quirky sense of humor. We like to make games that can be played by everyone, but still provide a bit of a challenge for those gamers who are more experienced. We are the developers of games such as Tricky Towers and 99 Bricks: Wizard Academy.
More information on WeirdBeard, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dr. Game: Surgeon Trouble Credits
Game Director, Artist
Joran de Raaff
Programmer, Web developer
Jonathan van Woudenberg